Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Heaven and Hell -- In A Drink

I can't decide if today's word should be:  Heaven or Hell.  You decide.

This is a post I probably shouldn't write.  I mean, DG reads this blog, and he HATES the product that is the subject of this post.  He hates it almost as much as I love it.  I mean I hate it.  No, I love it.  You see--it's complicated.  This product is revered around the world, and loathed by just as many.  People either love it or hate it, and if they can't feel all one way about it, they vacillate about it--like me, to the point where it sometimes feels like heaven in a bottle, and others like the hell that it probably is.

I'm talking about Coca-Cola, people.  Good old Coke, the real thing.  Awesome in its spicy, fizzy, throat-burning way. 


I used to drink LOADS of Diet Coke, and I mean loads.  I was upwards of 96 ounces a day what with all the Super Big Gulps and drive through Super Sizes.  Then I got really sick.  Gasritis.  The Coke was literally eating away at my stomach lining.  Ewwwww.  I quit cold turkey.  The foggy brain coming off of the stuff was like withdrawal.  No, wait--it was withdrawal!  I did not touch Diet Coke.  I was seriously scared of it.  Every once in a while, I'd have a regular Coke,  (I know, what's the rationale in that, but that's what I did) and only very rarely.


I switched to the drink that Mother Nature intended us to have.  Really, humans don't need any other drink than this:


Water is good for your skin, body, metabolism, and I've heard tell that it can make you June Cleaver when you want to be Mommie Dearest.  I love water.  There really is nothing better when you finish a marathon or when you're in the desert.

But, water's a little plain.  I find myself lately toying around with the Coke Zero.  Have you had this?  Tastes much more like real Coke, and much less like the chemicals that make up Diet Coke.  It's sweet and spicy, just like I love a soft drink.

But it's got me in a Heaven and Hell grip.  So, what do you think?  One teensy Coke Zero every once in a while?  Or cold turkey--No Coke? 

What would you choose?  Is it Heaven or Hell for you?

2 comments:

MomAgain@40 said...

I don't like Coke, and only rarely drink some Coke Zero. But I understand the "addiction". I've got the same problem with coffee! I think we should not label it. Then it becomes a problem ;-)

clueless but hopeful mama said...

I can't tell you how much I like this post.

Yes, I can.

I LURVVEE IT.

(And I'm not a Coke fan.)